“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6
Please Pray - Monthly TBP Prayer Request List - February/March 2017
Many of the needs for prayer remain pretty much the same from week to week, but there always seems to be a couple new items to give thanks for or for which we need to make our requests known. Thank you for taking time to read over the following and for praying. Know, as you pray, you are in agreement with many others who are looking at this same list:
- Thank God; A goal of our Addiction Response Ministry is to have Christ-centered recovery groups going 7 days each week using Tracy Strawberry’s video guide, “Clean, sober, and Saved” or the “We Believe” model. We now have groups going 5 days each week with multiple options as to place and time each of these days.
- And thank God for all the people who came to be trained by Tracy Strawberry in the use of her material. This is one reason we are able to have so many groups meeting now.
- Thanks and Prayer; The Seneca Nation is going to begin using Tracy’s material soon. Please pray for several recovery groups to get going and to continue on the Seneca Reservation.
- Thanks and praise to God for a variety of events that have helped to further His Kingdom already this year: “Pray Jamestown,” orchestrated by Business Church the Conduit Church and others, was a day of excellent teaching and also prayer at a number of local business sites; an encouraging meeting and powerful prayer as our Board of Directors met in January; the first Chautauqua Lake Men of Integrity breakfast of 2017 saw 90 men in attendance and a very effective witness given by Jon Bogue; we had a Pastors’ breakfast [thanks to the Fluvanna Community Church] with a guest from the Brooklyn tabernacle who taught on local church prayer groups; We began February with a regional Concert of Prayer sponsored by our Addiction Response Ministry; The Healing Word Church of God hosted a very successful day-long conference on prayer where former TBP Board member, Brett Heintzman taught; small groups went out from Jamestown and prayed at the “gates” of Chautauqua County on a Saturday morning in February – And through all of this there is growing unity in the Body of Christ that is attracting the blessings of God..
- Thank God for a huge positive turnout and response to the “Breaking Soul Ties” seminar that was held on the 1st – 3rd of April. Bishop Leecroft Clarke [a volunteer staff with TBP] was the leader/instructor..
- The next Women of EnCOURAGEment gathering will be for breakfast, worship and impartation on Saturday morning the 11th of March. The speaker will be our own Bonnie Hurley see “COMING EVENTS”
- You can track the above and all of our 2017 activities and ministry on our Facebook timeline;
- A continuing request until it is answered: Bishop Joseph Nsubuga greatly needs a reliable vehicle as he travels the nation of Uganda as the National Mobilizer. Our request is for a Toyota Land Cruiser TX Limited Prado. Please pray for this needed provision. [He must travel many “unimproved” roads and this necessitates a rugged vehicle.]. The cost of a good used Land Cruiser is $22,000.
- Bishop Joseph Nsubuga will be in the States from the 1st of March to the middle of April. Please seek God for opportunities for Joseph to share a witness about what God is going in Uganda and to open doors for good contacts.
- A brunch for pastors and their spouses will take place on Saturday morning the 4th of March with Bishop Nsubuga as our speaker.
- The next Chautauqua Lake Men of Integrity breakfast gathering will take place on Saturday morning the 11th of March [at the same time the Women of EnCOURAGEment meet]. Bishop Nsubuga will be our keynote speaker.
- Day Spring Christian School in Kampala, Uganda needs at least $25,000 as soon as possible to make improvements to their facility to satisfy government regulations and to purchase some property.
- Our Board of Directors is seeking four new members.
- Praise God; He appointed a man to purchase the future Better Place property where our ministry will be centered. This man will give the property to The Better Place soon. This good news is already encouraging other people to give to the development of the property.
- Praise: All four session of our School of Prayer that were videoed some time ago have been produced and will soon be available for sale. This is a resource individuals or small groups can use to be well trained in prayer ministry.
- Please keep our One-in-Christ Holy Week Community service in prayer. Plans are well underway for this service this year. It will be held on Thursday the13th of April. Please keep our speakers, musicians, drama team, technicians, and all other leaders and participants in prayer..
- Join with us in praying for the 3rd annual “March Mania” Pastors verses Pastors basketball game on Sunday afternoon the 26th of March. This is a time of great fun and a fund raiser for Love INC ministry.
- Looking ahead just a little; our Uganda mission team will be traveling to Uganda on the11th of May and returning on the 20th. While in Uganda they will minister with Bishop Nsubuga in the Kibuuku District with the goal of birthing two new church congregations.
- Please keep praying regarding a building that is for sale in Jamestown, NY. This building will provide a “downtown presence” were we can have a bookstore, a permanent home for our Healing Rooms ministry, a place to hold conferences, a temporary location for offices until we build our campus and much more. Please ask for God’s favor, wisdom, direction and provision for this. Thank you.
- Please keep praying toward the complete fulfillment of God’s vision for The Better Place.
Thank you for your prayers!