Each year the School of Prayer, sponsored and facilitated by The Better Place, Inc., is presented in four full-day sessions. Each session stands alone, so participants may come to one, two, or all four. The School is held from 8:30am – 4:00pm on Saturdays.
During 2015 all sessions of the School will be held at Park Church near the geographic center of Chautauqua County, NY in Sinclairville. The address is 49 Sinclair Drive, Sinclairville, NY 14782.
The cost is $45 for the first session anyone attends and $35 for subsequent sessions. (For example, if the first session attended is Session #2, the cost is $45 for Session #2 and subsequent sessions attended will cost $35). Lunch, snacks, and a 3-ring binder with note taking materials are included in this cost.
Download the registration form here.
GENERAL SCHOOL DAY SCHEDULE:
- 8:30 Gather - coffee, mingle and pick up materials
- 9:00 Worship in song
- 9:30 First teaching session
- 10:30 break
- 11:00 Second teaching session
Noon Lunch (There may be a "table-talk" assignment.)
- 1:00 Third teaching session
- 2:00 break
- 2:30 Fourth teaching session
- 3:30 Ministry
- 4:00 Official conclusion (but ministry may continue.)
(You may read descriptive paragraphs of each topic at Seminar Topics on this web site.)
Session One - February 21, 2015
- First teaching: Discerning Our Call to Prayer Ministry and Jesus Our Model
- Second teaching: Releasing the Power
- Third teaching: Persistence
- Fourth teaching: Vision for Transformation and Prayer Mapping Primer
Session Two - April 18, 2015
- First teaching: Prayer Basics
- Second teaching: House of Prayer
- Third teaching: Corporate Prayer
- Fourth teaching: Urgency and Praying God’s Word
Session Three - June 13, 2015
The Four Calls of 2 Chronicles 7:14
- First teaching: Call to Humility
- Second teaching: Call to Prayer (Intercession)
- Third teaching: Call to Seek God
- Fourth teaching: Call to Repent
Session Four - September 5, 2015
This entire day will be dedicated to teaching and practicing Healing Prayer.
Roy L. Miller, who is the founder and Director of The Better Place, will be our instructor throughout each session of the School. – Prior to founding The Better Place in 2003, Dr. Miller was a senior pastor for 22 years and then a District Superintendent in the UMC for six years. – He is a regular speaker/teacher at conferences and schools such as this. He also travels to Uganda to equip the Church there in prayer. – He earned a M. Div. degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 1975 and a D. Min. from Drew University School of Theology in 1984. – Dr. Miller published the book My Gospel, (The Adventure of Partnering with God to See His Kingdom Come) with Creation House. – He has been married to Valerie Sand since 1973. They have three children and seven grandchildren.